Aston Martin today opened its first brand experience boutique in the heart of London’s Mayfair district. Located in one of the capital’s most sought-after streets ‘Aston Martin at No. 8 Dover Street’ is an intersection of the company’s products, experiences and brand collaborations. No. 8 Dover Street will also be a destination for design master classes, art exhibitions, dinner series and other exclusive events.
No. 8 Dover Street is an expression of the British marque’s Art of Living by Aston Martin concept, a carefully chosen portfolio of the finest artisan products and truly bespoke experiences that embody the Aston Martin spirit.
The new boutique – where the exterior sign reads ‘Aston Martin Est 1913’ in celebration of the company’s rich heritage – is the ultimate Aston Martin destination where admirers of the brand and people who enjoy elegance and exclusivity can discover new trends in art and design and be inspired by the products on display.
Products from partners including Hackett London, Marma London, Quintessence Yachts, Emilia Burano, Silver Cross and FPM are available at No. 8 Dover Street.
Aston Martin’s EVP & Chief Creative Officer, Marek Reichman and his team designed the interior space. He said: “Dover Street mixes art, culture, shopping, luxury and elegance. It’s the perfect place for Aston Martin. We are surrounded by art, design and beauty and want to feature the ideas that inspire us and share them with a wider audience. No. 8 Dover Street is a place where existing customers, admirers of the brand and people new to the marque can understand our design philosophies and experience the spirit of Aston Martin.”
The warm and inviting environment features modern design and the very best artisan craftsmanship such as a bespoke mosaic floor, handcrafted from European oak.
The unique floor follows a Nautilus shell design, starting in the centre of the showroom with a brass plaque proudly displaying the famous Aston Martin wings and circling out to the edge of the room where it flows seamlessly to tailor-made oak cabinets.
The Nautilus design is mirrored on the ceiling with a “Starry Night’ light installation which highlights the sleek, elegant lines of the Aston Martin sports car on display creating a ‘dream’ light effect. The lights give No. 8 Dover Street a multidimensional character, which can be adapted to suit the art or products on display and the wide range of events that the space will host.
The walls are adorned with pieces from London-based artists Vezzini & Chen whose work is a stylish marriage of hand carved ceramics and blown glass. A stunning Letv 120” 4K Ultra HD, LED-LCD TV screen, one of the largest in Europe, provides the perfect way for guests to explore rich content created by Aston Martin and its partners.
A Q by Aston Martin specification area allows clients to originate a unique Aston Martin sports car or an AM37 speedboat, creating an elegant and exclusively personal result.
Katia Bassi, VP of AML & Managing Director of AM Brands commented, “No. 8 Dover Street provides the perfect environment for us to showcase the beautifully crafted products and experiences offered through ‘Art of Living by Aston Martin’. No. 8 Dover Street is where the world of Aston Martin comes together, the tangible expression of the path we started three years ago to develop Aston Martin into a globally admired luxury brand.”
Aston Martin at No. 8 Dover Street is open seven days a week from 10 am until 6 pm from Monday to Friday and from 11 am to 5 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Aston Martin at No. 8 Dover Street: 8 things to know
- The store was designed by Aston Martin Chief Creative Officer, Marek Reichman and his design team using the golden ratio principles and the Nautilus shell for inspiration.
- No. 8 Dover Street is located opposite the Arts Club and a few doors down from Victoria Beckham, Jimmy Choo and Christian Louboutin.
- The exterior signage reads ‘Aston Martin Est 1913’ celebrating the company’s rich heritage.
- The tailor-made oak cabinets follow the one-third two-thirds principle as does the exterior façade. The golden ratio describes the perfectly symmetrical relationship between two proportions. All Aston Martin sports cars follow a one-third two-thirds ratio.
- Over 500 pieces of European oak were hand cut and assembled on site by a master craftsman to create the mosaic floor.
- A brass plaque displaying the Aston Martin wings is located in the centre of the floor and the design of the floor itself follows the golden ratio principles, taking inspiration from the Nautilus shell.
- The ‘Starry Night’ light installation on the ceiling is created from 84 LED lights.
- Marek Reichman personally selected London-based artists Vezzini & Chen to create the simple and stylish artwork featuring throughout the space.
- The walls are adorned by paintings of two rising stars artists graduated from the prestigious Slade School of Fine Art, University College London: Mary Savva and Naomi Bourne. Artists have been selected by Aston Martin design team lead by Marek Reichman