Since launch, the J40 Motor Company has shipped parts across the globe to owners young and old, to those that use their cars for leisure and those that race. In addition, it has sold a range of J40 merchandise to hundreds of enthusiasts at live events such as the Goodwood Revival and Beaulieu.
While writing of a new J40 history book, J40 Motor Company historian and J40 expert David Whyley has received photos and stories from owners around the world, all stating how the little J40 pedal car had such an impact on their lives. In addition, David has discovered brand new information on Austin J40 production and manufacturing history making this new book the most definitive available when it publishes later this year.
To further support the growing J40 community, the J40 Motor Company will announce a host of important launches throughout 2022, including:
- A range of J40 continuation cars will be created, with a variety of trim options
- The J40 Motor Company will offer a selected range of restored and ready-to-restore J40 cars for sale. In addition, clients can send their own cars in for service or race preparation as required
- Officially approved restoration service. The J40 Motor Company will expertly restore client J40 cars, using official parts, to desired specification. Each car will be delivered with a numbered certificate of authenticity to validate the official restoration undertaken
- A full range of parts and accessories, including brand new bodyshells built to factory specification, will be offered for immediate despatch
- A full custom build service whereby clients may specify bespoke colours, trim and finishes to create a truly unique J40. This can be undertaken on a car they already own, or to a car purchased from the J40 Motor Company
- The J40 Motor Company will present owners with more opportunities to race their J40s at venues around the UK via a new J40 owner engagement program
- A brand-new digital space will be created, giving the global J40 community a place to share experiences and stories
- Burlen’s new premises at Bicester Heritage will become the home of J40 sales and experiences, while Salisbury remains the home of J40 manufacturing and restoration.
- J40 Motor Company will return to the 2022 Goodwood Revival, the home of the Settrington Cup J40 race
- A brand new J40 history book will launch, written by J40 expert David Whyley
- An enhanced merchandise range for owners and enthusiasts will be presented
- A new calendar of events, which allows enthusiasts the opportunity to drive and experience a J40 without the need to own their own car, will launch
- New staff will be employed at Salisbury to facilitate the growth of the J40 Motor Company brand, creating local jobs with immediate effect.
The J40 is a true classic car and its owners require the same level of specialist support as any other classic vehicle to ensure their survival. Burlen has offered continuous support to the global classic vehicle community for many years, and we understand how important a reliable supply of parts is to keep historic vehicle alive. While we operate in a classic world, our attitudes towards manufacturing and product is wholly modern and these attitudes and skills will be no different within the J40 Motor Company.Mark Burnett Managing Director of Burlen
Burlen has years of experience in precision engineering, production of reliable parts, global despatch, and volume manufacturing, allowing them to utilise existing skills to grow the J40 Motor Company at pace.
The time is now to give the J40 community the levels of service, engagement and support they have long deserved so that many more young drivers can have their first taste of classic motoring. At the J40 Motor Company we plan to make the J40 pedal car more accessible than ever, with more opportunities for owners to use their cars and an easier and safer way for owners to buy a J40 and maintain it for a long and happy life. We look forward to adding more detail to our 2022 launches in due course but be assured that this will be an exciting year for those who enjoy pedal-powered cars.J40 Motor Company Director Jamie Burnett
Note: Press release courtesy of Burlen, Ltd.