An entry list of 27 cars has been revealed for the 2008 Avon Tyres British GT Championship featuring 19 cars in GT3 and eight in the new GT4 class.
Defending champions RPM will run two cars in the GT3 class and also expand into GT4 with a further three cars. Former BTCC race-winner Paul O’Neill will partner Steve Clark in the #1 entry while Nick Foster will be partnered by experienced youngster Oliver Bryant in the sister car.
In GT4, the team will run three Ginetta G50s for the pairings of Steve Tandy/Phil Bailey, Joe Osbourne/Michael Broadhurst and Chris Cooke/James Harrison.
While the Viper is the championship winning car, the field is dominated by the Ferrari 430, with no fewer than eight of the cars on the entry list. New team CR Scuderia will run three cars with the likes of Luke Hines, James Sutton and Jeremy Metcalfe at the wheel, while Chad Racing will also run two cars – one of which is expected to challenge for honours with former Barwell pairing Guy Harrington and Ben de Zille Butler.
Christians in Motorsport and VRS Motor Finance both return with single car entries while the final Ferrari will be run by the A-Tech team which switches over from the BTCC.
Two Lamborghini Gallardos will be run by Team Modena and Tech 9, while Aston Martin will be represented by Cadena Motorsport and the new 22GT Racing team. Just one team will represent Ascari and Porsche in the shape of Team Eurotech and Trackspeed, while ABG Motorsport and Team Trimite will both join RPM in running the Viper.
The new Ginetta G50 dominates the GT4 class with six of the eight cars entered coming from the Yorkshire factory. Aside from RPM; IMS, Stark Racing and Rob Austin Racing will all run the G50 with competition coming from a brace of Aston Martin N24s entered by Chad Racing and Beechdean Motorsport.
More cars are expected to join the field on a race-by-race basis.
2008 British GT Entry List:
1. Clark/O’Neill Team RPM Dodge Viper GT3
2. Foster/Bryant Team RPM Dodge Viper GT3
3. Harrington/Butler Chad Racing Ferrari 430 GT3
4. Bamford/Griffin Chad Racing Ferrari 430 GT3
8. Morley/TBA Tech 9 Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
10. Marsh/Reid A-Tech Ferrari 430 GT3
12. Wilcox/Burton VRS Motor Finance Ferrari 430 GT3
16. Cullen/Shovlin CR Scuderia Ferrari 430 GT3
15. Metcalfe/Hines CR Scuderia Ferrari 430 GT3
14. Sutton/Meadows CR Scuderia Ferrari 430 GT3
18. Kershaw/Whight Cadena Motorsport Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3
20. Scott/Wilkins ABG Motorsport Dodge Viper GT3
21. Green/Jones/Johnson Team Modena Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
22. Jones/Jones Team Eurotech Ascari KZR1 GT3
23. Simonsen/Lester Christians in Motorsport Ferrari 430 GT3
24. Ashburn/Williams Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3
25. TBA/TBA Trackspeed Porsche 997 GT3
40. Gornall/TBA Team Trimite Brookspeed Dodge Viper GT3
42. Bentwood/Alexander 22GTRacing Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3
50. Tandy/Bailey Team RPM Ginetta G50 GT4
51. Cooke/Harrison Team RPM Ginetta G50 GT4
52. Osbourne/Broadhurst Team RPM Ginetta G50 GT4
63. TBA/TBA Chad Racing Aston Martin N24 GT4
88. Nicol-Jones/Linn IMS Ginetta G50 GT4
99. Smyth/Howard Beechdean Motorsport Aston Martin N24 GT4
100. Stinton/Clark Stark Racing Ginetta G50 GT4
101. Austin/TBA Rob Austin Racing Ginetta G50 GT4