This year’s event will be celebrating the MGA 1500’s birthday. The MGA was introduced in 1955. By replacing the TF, it was a quantum leap into the future with it’s aerodynamic body styling – a world away from the “square rigger” MG models from before WWII. Over the next seven years about 110,000 MGAs were manufactured. They came as roadsters and coupes. They were powered first by a 1500 engine, then a 1600, and finally a 1622. A short run (2111) of Twin Cams were produced in 1959-1960. They came with drum/drum brakes, then disc/drums, while the Twin Cam had all round disc brakes. The last MGAs left the factory in 1962 before the introduction of the MGB.
Come with us the party and celebrate the introduction of this “modern” MG sportscar.