MINI USA has announced the launch of its updated brand’s consumer site, MINIUSA.com, including a completely new Build Your Own (BYO) vehicle configuration experience. The website’s enhancements include a complete redesign of key product pages including the MINI Hardtop 2-Door and 4-Door models, MINI Convertible, MINI Cooper SE electric, MINI Countryman and MINI John Cooper Works lineups, as well as the page featuring all the MINI Special Editions. The site’s online shopping tools were also combined in the new “Shop @ Home” page for an easier research and purchase process at home.
The most significant upgrade to the site is the new BYO customization tool, optimized to meet current consumer needs and expectations in the vehicle buying process, and redesigned meticulously over the last six months to provide a best-in-class experience for car shopping. The BYO platform was designed to bring MINI customers together with dealers more quickly and efficiently, and to create a seamless and highly detail-oriented experience according to customers’ unique MINI preferences. It retains and refines several key features from the previous configuration platform, while adding entirely new features that streamline the experience for prospective MINI customers and make the overall customization process more engaging, simplified and enjoyable.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the new car buying process is the ability to virtually create and visualize what your new MINI will look like. In updating our consumer site, we set out to create a whole new Build Your Own experience to perfectly match MINI as one of the most famously customizable automotive brands out there.Rah Mahtani, Brand Communications Manager, MINI USA
Key updates to the BYO platform include
- 360-degree, hi-res views of MINI exteriors and interiors
- Interstitial messaging to confirm customization selections
- Value-driven stories about features and options for added context to customers
- Option to save and share personalized customizations with unique Build Codes
User Experience Improvements
- Brand new look and feel, with a redesigned user experience
- Simplified navigation with fewer steps
- Alignment with ordering guide nomenclature for consistency
- Improved ‘selection rail’ ensuring choices are on-screen at all times
- New high-resolution vehicle images
- Faster load times and mobile-friendly design
- Printable summary page with option codes
MINI USA also plans to make additional enhancements later this year. These enhancements include:
- Micro-Configurator that allows customers to compare trim features and exterior color
- Dealer Inventory Matching enabling users to see vehicles in nearby dealer inventory that closely match the selections of their build in real-time as they customize through the BYO steps
- In-Transit Inventory will provide ability to show vehicles that have been produced, but are not yet on dealer lots
- Build Recommendations will recommend certain models and options based on geographic and demographic data
- The updated MINI USA website is now live and accessible to all users, and the MINI BYO platform is compatible with most modern web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, as well as on mobile devices. It can be accessed at miniusa.com/build-your-own.html.