Barons is adding three specialist auctions to its 2016 calendar, including a Rolls-Royce, Bentley and prestige classic car and memorabilia sale at the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club rally at the magnificent Burghley House, Stamford, Lincolnshire.
Entries are now invited for the sale, which takes place on June 25th at the RREC’s biggest gathering of the year. The three-day international Annual Rally and Concours d’Elegance attracts thousands of cherished Rolls-Royces and Bentleys, and their enthusiastic owners, from all over the world.
“We were delighted to be invited by the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club to hold a classic car auction at their very special event,” said Barons’ director Peter Gascoigne.
“Barons has a strong history with Rolls-Royce and Bentley at auction; for example, in 2015 we achieved £739,000, nearly double top estimate, for a 1954 Bentley R-Type Continental Fastback ‘barn find’ restoration project. Whilst the Burghley House sale will naturally primarily be for Rolls-Royce and Bentley motor cars, we are also inviting entries from owners of other prestige marques and classic models who would like to offer their cars in this stunning setting.”
Barons has also been invited to hold specialist sales at two historic motoring events at its traditional venue, Sandown Park. Barons’ dedicated Ford auction at the International Ford Show will take place on April 30th, while its all-American sale at the Buster Lang Classic Car Show is on August 13th.
“It is extremely gratifying to be asked to have a presence at these enthusiast events,” said Peter Gascoigne. “Ford is such a popular marque, and has a great breadth of models, so the April 30th sale should have a very broad appeal. And Barons has a long-standing tradition of featuring American cars in its sales, so holding a dedicated auction for vehicles made ‘across the pond’ is a natural move for us.”
Barons’ ten-sale calendar for 2016 also includes the auction house’s first-ever Connoisseurs’ Classic Car Collection at Tattersalls, the world’s oldest bloodstock auctioneers (July 12th) – the entry list for which is already looking every exciting – and the annual Jaguar Heritage sale, which takes place at another new venue, Kempton Park racecourse, on September 17th.
Barons’ 2016 sale calendar:
- Classic Winter Warmer (Sandown Park), February 23rd
- Spring Classic (Sandown Park), April 6th
- International Ford Show (Sandown Park), April 30th
- British Heritage, Classic and Sports Cars (Sandown Park), June 4th
- Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club (Burghley House), June 25th
- Baron’ Connoisseurs’ Classic Car Collection (Tattersalls at Newmarket), July 12th
- Buster Lang Classic American (Sandown Park), August 13th
- Jaguar Heritage and Classic Cars (Kempton Park), September 17th
- Classic, Collectors and Sports Cars (Sandown Park), October 25th
- Christmas Classic Collectors and Sports Cars (Sandown Park), 13th December