Aston Martin kicks off the 2018 Monterey Automotive Week by again opening the doors of ‘Aston Martin Club 1913’, inviting attendees to get to know the Aston Martin Lagonda Group and its leadership team. This year’s theme, “Boundless,” showcases the group’s world expanding beyond automotive, to include products on land, sea and in the air.
President for Aston Martin The Americas, Laura Schwab said: “While people flock to Monterey Week for its history, this year at Aston Martin Club 1913, we’ll give guests a glimpse into what’s next. We’ll showcase everything from the present – the new DBS Superleggera, to the electric – with the new Lagonda Vision Concept, and the sky-bound – the Volante Vision Concept. The creative horsepower behind this brand is limitless, and that will be evident to all who join us at the Aston Martin Club 1913 to explore the group’s “Boundless” journey.”
Based at The Sunset Center in the heart of downtown Carmel, Aston Martin Lagonda invites visitors to the Monterey peninsula to ‘crash our party’ at Aston Martin Club 1913, named for the year when the Aston Martin marque was founded. Doors are open to early registrants and party crashers alike, on Wednesday 22 August through Saturday 25 August, from 10am-5pm daily.
Aston Martin’s Club 1913 will feature the North American debut of several products, which give a glimpse into the brand’s “Boundless” commitment to a bright future:
- Lagonda Vision Concept: Lagonda will serve as the world’s first luxury brand exclusively driven by zero emission powertrain technologies, and a reinvention of the world-renowned marque.
- Volante Vision Concept: Aston Martin’s exploration into personal air mobility. The luxury concept aircraft features vertical take-off and landing capabilities and demonstrates Aston Martin’s forward-looking design ingenuity.
- DBS Superleggera: Sitting at the pinnacle of the Aston Martin production range, this vehicle is aggressive and beautiful, lightweight yet strong. The 715hp 5.2-liter V12 engine rockets from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds.
Other products displayed include, but are not limited to:
- DB11 AMR: The most powerful and efficient ‘DB’ production model in Aston Martin’s history, with race-inspired design cues. The DB11 AMR boasts greater power, at 630hp, increased performance, enhanced driving dynamics and a more characterful exhaust note, alongside effortless continent-crushing GT performance.
- Rapide AMR: Making a US debut in production form at Aston Martin Club 1913 and limited to just 210 cars globally, the 205mph Rapide AMR is a sports car capable of comfortably transporting a team of race drivers to a circuit on the other side of a continent and then tackling the track when they get there.
- Q by Aston Martin DB11 Volante: A one-off bespoke creation of the most elegant of convertible Aston Martins, featuring exquisite individual details.
In addition to the vehicles displayed, Aston Martin Club 1913 at the Sunset Center features event programming, including:
- Mutts and Mimosas: Guests are encouraged to bring their four-legged best friends to join Aston Martin and The Dogist for a mimosa, in support of the SPCA of Monterey County. Friday 24 August from 9:00-11: 00 am.
- Cruise-In and Car Show: Aston Martin owners bring an assorted collection of cars from throughout the brand’s 105-year history, at the Aston Martin-only car show. Friday 24 August from 9:00-11: 00 am.
Laura Schwab added:
What’s most special about Aston Martin Club 1913 is its feeling of community. We welcome everyone, and the informal atmosphere encourages guests to have fun, take their time exploring our products – from those on today’s roads to what we dream will drive and fly in the future.
Entry to Aston Martin Club 1913 is free. Further details, along with the option to pre-register, are available at www.astonmartinclub1913.com