Eagle has focused for over thirty years to refine, develop and deliver exceptional engineering for the Jaguar E-Type while remaining true to the spirit of this extraordinary car.
The Eagle E-Type has often been described as ‘the finest hand-built car in the world’ and the reaction of the world’s press to the successive ‘special edition’ Jaguar E-Types developed in-house at Eagle has been rapturous.
Leading the way was the Eagle Speedster, which was developed from a client request and then feted around the world. It has been the subject of countless magazine features and covers, articles in national newspapers and also starred on Top Gear in 2011 where Jeremy Clarkson described it thus:
“I think this, by a long way, is the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It might actually be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.”
The Eagle Low Drag GT – inspired by Malcolm Sayer’ s exquisite Low Drag Coupe developed for Jaguar in1961 – followed soon after. International press coverage and ecstatic reviews again followed, culminating with a feature on BBC’ s Top Gear in 2015.
Chris Evans described the reactions of onlookers in a national newspaper feature as follows:
“It doesn’t so much turn heads as threaten to snap them clean off the necks of their owners.”
Now these two exceptional E-Types are joined by the third in the trilogy – the Eagle Spyder GT.
With the poise and performance of the Low Drag GT and the exquisite styling of the Speedster, the Spyder
GT’ s raked windscreen and folding roof offer the best of both worlds – whatever the weather.
An exotic all-aluminium E-Type lightweight roadster based around an original 1960’ s classic, every line and detail is honed to perfection and performance is greatly enhanced. Each of the very few produced will have an entirely bespoke specification dependent of the specific desires of each client.
Paul Brace, Design Director at Eagle comments:
Development of the Spyder GT began soon after the launch of the Speedster in 2011 and, like everything we produce, we wanted to ensure that we got as close to perfection as humanly possible.We’re renowned for being perfectionists and our clients are too – so we took the time to develop and deliver an E-Type that stands proud alongside the Speedster and the Low Drag GT.
Henry Pearman, Eagle Founder & MD comments:
Like many, my love of the E-Type set hold at a very young age and has become a lifetime’s dedication. The team here at Eagle have taken this love of E-Types to a new dimension by creating the ultimate trilogy of special edition E-Types – complementing the beautiful originals that form the backbone here at Eagle. I am incredibly proud of what we have achieved together over the last thirty years – and excited about what we’ll do in the future!
The first Eagle Spyder GT will be presented to the commissioning customer during the Summer of 2016.
What Eagle do:
- Eagle has specialised exclusively in the Jaguar E-Type for three decades.
- Eagle continues to buy and sell original E-Types.
- Eagle conduct complete and compromise free restorations on original Jaguar E-Types – these are the renowned “Eagle E-Types”.
- The Eagle Speedster, Low Drag GT and Spyder GT are also restorations built from an original Jaguar E-Type, but include aesthetic and performance enhancements.
- Eagle upgrade and offer an extensive catalogue of options exclusively for E-Types that they have supplied.
- Eagle service and maintain E-Types that they have supplied.
What Eagle do not do:
- Eagle do not conduct part or compromised restorations.
- Eagle do not service or upgrade E-Types that they have not initially supplied.
- Eagle do not retail parts or any upgrade kits for fitment elsewhere, therefore retaining exclusivity for their customers.
Eagle will be exhibiting at the London Classic Car Show 18th to 21st February showing ten E-Types.
Note: Press release courtesy of Eagle.